1st Amendment and Free Speech/Constitutional attorney

Are there any attorneys alive who are willing to defend the Constitution?  If so, I would really like to be able to contact them.

There are numerous public interest organizations that practice Constitutional law and often provide legal assistance for cases they deem significant.

On the left, you have organizations such as the ACLU, People for the American Way, and the Center for Constitutional Rights.  On the Right, you have groups such as the American Center for Law and Justice, the Institute for Justice, and the Center for Individual Rights.  

All of these organizations, and many others provide legal assistance. Depending on the subject matter, different organizations have different specialties and criteria for acceptance of cases.

- Mike  

1st Amendment and Free Speech

Michael Troy

I will answer general questions regarding freedom of speech, petition, or religion. My specialty is in cases involving public employment or education, as well as issues related to campaign finance. I can`t give specific legal advice involving specific cases you might have.

As an attorney for the Center for Individual Rights, I worked on a number of free speech cases, including Rosenberger v. Univ. of Virginia, in which the Supreme Court upheld my clients' right to run a student newspaper without discrimination because of its religious content. I also worked on White v. Julian, which protected the right of people to protest against a homeless shelter in their neighborhood.

I also worked for the Federal Election Commission on several cases regarding the right to participate in the election process and engage in campaign related speech.

Former Attorney for Center for Individual Rights.

Washington Post
Washington Times

J.D. from Univ. of Michigan Law School

Truman Scholar