1st Amendment and Free Speech/Public Accommodation

Question
Would someone operating a home-based business, like a wedding cake business or a wedding photography business, be bound to anti-discrimination laws since they do not have a storefront?

Answer
Hello again,

If the business is engaging in discrimination, it does not matter if it has a storefront.  Any public accommodation (which includes any business that provides products or services to the public) may not discriminate.  It does not matter if they business is a traditional store, home based, virtual, or anything else.  I am not aware of any discrimination statutes that create an exception for home based businesses.

- Mike  

1st Amendment and Free Speech

Michael Troy