Office 2010/Linking Excel to Word

Kenis wrote at 2012-05-24 10:10:17
In Excel copy cell you want to link. Go to Word, click "Paste special", select "Paste link", in the list of "As:" select "Unformatted Text", then "ok". Now it should work whithout any line breaks ;)

Eric wrote at 2013-02-07 15:17:31
I too was having this issue, but came up with the solution after a full day of researching and a little trial-and-error.

1) Have both your Excel and Word documents open together.

2) In Excel, copy the cell you intend to link to Word.

3) In Word, click on the location where you intend place the link, then go to the Home tab at the top of the page.  Below the Clipboard Icon, is the word "paste" with an upside-down triangle.  Click here and choose "Paste Special" which opens a small window.

4) In the Paste Special window, select "Past link" as "Unformatted Text".

5) Be sure to save the Excel and Word documents.  Every time you open the Word document it will ask if you want to update the document.  Choose yes, and any changes you might have made in Excel will display in the linked locations in Word.

One more interesting thing I noticed: Once the link is made, and if both documents are open together, changes to Excel will automatically update in Word.

Hope you find this helpful.

Office 2010

I am a female beginner to intermediate with Office 2010. I took the Microsoft Office Specialist Trained Professional (MOST) Certification Program in 2011. I am also a Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2010 Certified since 2013.

Microsoft Office 2010 (Beginner - Intermediate: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) Microsoft Office 2003 / 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)

Microsoft Office Specialist Trained Professional Certification (2011 Graduate) Information Technology Support Services (2009 Graduate)

I have been nominated as Volunteer of the Month 6 times on since joining 2011 till present.

I have taught Microsoft Office 2003 (Word and Excel) to adults at a non-profit organization in 2009.