Office 2010/My Word 2010 is suddenly inaccessible

Your organization waved a magic wand for me about a year ago so here's hoping again![was nothing to do with the present problem] I downloaded Office Home and Student 2010 . That was in November 2010 and having successfully put in the key number I was given, I have been using Word 2010  problem-free ever since - until today. Now when I try to type on a new Word page, or edit an existing one, I cannot do it and the activation wizard says that my trial has expired and I am required to put in my key number. I do that and the wizard confirms that the key number is correct but I get nowhere because the page I want to write on is 'dead' as well as all of its surroundings.  In my Add or Remove programs it shows that my use of this software is FREQUENT but that I last used it on 6 Nov. 2010 which was the day after my order confirmation from MICROSOFT.

I would be very grateful if you could suggest how I can get my Word 2010 to work again.    

My thanks in hope....

Hello Richard,

I apologize that a Tech has not responded sooner.

The problem that you have described, "the page I want to write on is 'dead' as well as all of its surroundings", means that you are running under Reduced Functionality Mode (RFM).

If you can answer a few questions, we can proceed forward with possible solutions.

Office 2010 Purchase
What date was the software purchased ?
Did you purchase the Key only or both key and CD?
Is the computer you are having issues with the original computer that was used, or is this a new machine?
Have you recently received any Microsoft Updates?

Possible Causes from the Information Currently Provided
If you are being asked to supply a Key Number, receive the prompt that the number is valid, but still cannot access the program due to RFM, this means that you are supplying a Trial Key Number.

I look forward to your response and helping you to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

Kind Regards,

Office 2010

Steven Harris

I am proficient in all MS Office features, including but not limited to Visual Basic (Macros), Document Protection, Active-X Controls and Developer Features.

I have an extensive educational, vocational and business background extending over 12 years in information technology.

Association of Information Technology Professionals IEEE Computer Society Texas Professionals Texas Young Professionals Excel Developers Excel Blackbelts

Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Program Microsoft Office Expert Program