Office 2010/Locking cells in Excel

Question
The process described to lock cells is not working for me. I have unlocked the total cells, selected the cells I want to be locked, chosen Protect worksheet from the Changes tab. Either the entire worksheet is locked, or nothing. I have tried selected any and all of the checks;  any suggestion as to how I am going wrong? Thanks

Answer
Hello Merle,

Protect Sheet prevents any cell, column or row changes to be completed.
Protect Workbook prevents additional sheets to be moved, added or removed.

Press the Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl + A to select all the cells of the sheet. Right click and choose Format cells. Go to the Protection tab and uncheck Locked option and click Ok.

Now select only the cells or columns, rows that you want to protect. Right click and choose Format cells again. Go to the protection tab and check Locked option and click Ok.

Go to Review tab, click Protect Sheet and protect the sheet using a password.

Now only certain cells of the sheet will be protected.

You can now Protect Workbook to add additional security.

Kind Regards,
Steve

Office 2010

Steven Harris