Office 2010/Word 2010 & Macros

Question
Every time I open a Word 2010 document, I get "security warning macros have been disabled."  I have never created a macro and when I go to the Developer tab, no macros are listed.  Why is it there, and how can I get rid of it for good?

Thanks

Answer
The majority of macros in documents are there as useful time savers and are meant to help you, but as I mentioned above, there is a risk associated with enabling macros. The risk with comes from nefarious hackers who have been known to embed macros in a document in order to run malicious code that will compromise your PC’s security. By default, Microsoft disables the use of macros on documents that you receive from other people, but they do provide you with the option to permanently turn them on. Here’s how to do it.

1. Click on the File tab, then click Help, and select Options from the Help menu.

2. On the next window, click Trust Center.

3. Now click Trust Center Settings…

4. To disable all macros as a default setting, simply select the radio button next to Disable all macros without notification, then click OK.

Hope this helps.

Mary Lindsey
edocsupport@icloud.com  

Office 2010

Mary A. Lindsey