Office 2010/Word Chart data mail merge

Question
I am attempting to create a mail merge letter in Word using data from Excel. The letter, which is to be sent to our employees to recap total compensation, will contain several lines of data (name, address, compensation, healthcare costs, etc.) and I would also like it to include a pie chart on the bottom of the letter for a visual of the various components of compensation. Is it possible to link this pie chart to the original Excel spreadsheet containing the data so that it would update with the other fields in the merged document? I am using MS Office 2010.

Answer
Hi Jerri,

Thank you for your question.

If the various components of compensation are specific to the recipient this may not be a workable option without the use of programming. I have tried what you are suggesting and wss unable to link the charts to a specific cell that relates to the merge row to ensure accurate completion.  

If there is anything additional I can do to help, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Mary Lindsey

Office 2010

Mary A. Lindsey