Office 2010/Microsoft Publisher Problem

For last week or so, when I open a saved 2007 Microsoft Publisher document, everything displays as a black fill appearance.  In print preview, I can see my text and graphics, and the documents print appropriately but I can't see anything but black fill within them when I want to edit them on screen. If I open a blank screen, and try to do something from scratch, when I position a text box on screen and release - it immediately fills with black.  What's going on and how do I correct it?  (apologies for asking a 2007 and not 2010 Publisher question)

Hi Homer,

Thank you for your question.

Without seeing the issue personally (and you explained it well), I need to ask a question.  Does this happen when you open a PowerPoint document? A Word document?

My initial response, because the files print correctly, is that this may be a problem with your settings.  Would you be happy to email me the file?  If yes, please send yo

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mary Lindsey

Office 2010

Mary A. Lindsey

New features of Office 2010

Microsoft Certified trainer with over 20 years of experience

Microsoft Office 2010 Certified instructor