2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms/Can i get gun permit to carry

Question
I live in Iowa, 14 years ago i was charged with domestic assault (minor) and have no previous convictions before or after this incident. It was fist offense and last, and i think considered a mister meaner in the state of Iowa.I am interested in getting a permit to carry, i have never tried to acquire a firearm so i don't even know if i can, could you tell me what you know ?

Answer
Jeff,

Thanks for asking. Under federal firearm laws, domestic assault or violence charges are enough to prevent acquiring a firearm. Even though it may be a misdemeanor, it is considered a crime of violence. You may have to get legal help to file for a pardon or to expunge your record, and this should clear the way for acquisition of a firearm.

best regards,

Dan

2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms

Dan Haynes