2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms/purchasing a gun

Question
Hello, back in 2003 on my birthday i got outa hand and arrested foe domestic assault. i then pled guilty to it was giving a senetence and what not, after which i obtained a attorney and the charge was ammended to simple assault. now my question am i able to purchase a gun since i have a ammended domestic charge?

Answer
Ronny,

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, under Federal Firearms laws any Domestic assault charge will prevent you from owning a firearm.

You may need to get legal help to file to expunge or pardon your record. Once that is completed you should be clear to buy a gun.

Best regards,

Dan

2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms

Dan Haynes