2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms/Gun carry

Hello Mr. Haynes, I would like to know if there is anything to know before I would carry my wife's revolver (concealed) with her permission, of course.
Would I need to have a letter of permission, carried on my person while in possession of her sidearm.

We both have CCW permits, and reside in the state of WI.

Thank you for your response.

Thanks for inquiring. IMHO you should be able to carry your wife's weapon unless your CCW permit specifically states the weapon to be used has to be yours. If your local Sheriff issued your permits you may want to verify with them.

Best regards,

2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms

Dan Haynes

I will answer questions on the 2nd amendment from both historical and present day applications. I will answer questions on the right to keep and bear arms and the significance of this right. I will not answer questions that require legal interpretation or those that are outside of my areas of expertise.

I have studied the 2nd amendment from a historical view. I have certified as an NRA Range Safety Officer. I am a Federal Firearms License holder, and have a CCW permit. Since 2004, I operated my own gunsmithing shop and offer custom pistolsmithing services. I have served a 4 year term as an elected offical on the Montrose Colorado City Council, becoming Mayor in my 4th year. I am well versed on the US Constitution and firearm laws.

NRA, NAHC, M1 Garand Collectors Association

Smith & Wesson Club 1852 fall 2007 issue.

NRA hunter safety course, NRA Range Safety Officer training, Colorado CCW permit holder, Federal Firearm Licensee, professional pistolsmith.

Valhalla Shooting Club