2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms/USMC Lost 2nd Ammendment While Serving

Question
QUESTION: I served in the USMC from Nov. 1999 to Sept. 2004, and received Honorable Discharge in 2008 after IRR(inactive ready reserve) 4 years passed. In Jan. 2004 I 202(voluntary) signed into Mental Health Unit in Erie, PA while on leave.  I am an original PA resident.  I was 302'd when my 1st Sgt. told the doctor to hold me for 5 days.  I found out in 2005 when I returned home after discharge, was denied during NICS check, and challenged it.  I now live in California, contacted a lawyer in PA, and was dissuaded from trying to regain rights per his advice and his $4500 charge and his claim of needing a $2500 Psychologist exam clean bill of health. Basically, my civil rights were urinated on without my knowledge, I served my country in the infantry honorably, even after the hospital visit, and I can see little to no light at the end of the tunnel.  All I seem to get is between 7000-10000 maybe answers. All I want is to be legal.  What is your best advice you can give with the information I have provided?  Any response will be most appreciated.  Thank you for your time.
Jason

ANSWER: Unless you were committed against your will, or a court order, your rights should be ok.
Did you try in California?

QUESTION: Yes I tried. Checks here go to CA Dept. Of Justice, the DMV, then the F.B.I. Was denied for very same 302, time date and place.  There was no court order, my 1st Sgt told doc to keep me for 5 days, over the phone, 302 firearm no-go form was mailed the next day. This all happened behind my back. I know because I requested the full medical report. My 202 voluntary was right there with the 302 form that was sent to PA state police in Harrisburg. I don't know what I can do. I am not rich. I guess the poor can't afford to have the same freedom as the rich, whether or not I sacrificed so much to protect the country. I have cried and feel that any efforts are futile. The Marine in me doesn't want to give up, but the realist in me does.

Answer
Then you at the hiring a lawyer time then. You might want contact group like Gun Owners of America to see if want want to a case like this. http://gunowners.org/ US Justice Foundation has filed a suit a case like yours. https://usjf.net/ I wish you luck and thank you for serving.

2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms

Paul Edward Zukowski