2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms/Gun Permit question

I have a drug felony from indiana on my expunged juvenile record. I live in nebraska now and am 28 yrs old. I have a permit to purchase but was wondering when I apply for a ccw permit do I need to worry about my juvenile record since it's been expunged for almost 13 years. Do I need to put down the charge or since I was cleared for a purchase permit I dont? thanks for your time and opinions.

While this is clearly not a Second Amend question and is one best answered by your attorney, as a general rule in making such application it is best to be entirely truthful and take it from there. The issuing agency may require you to submit a copy of the Court disposition... in this instance from the State of Indiana... before going forward, but if you fail to disclose that 15-year-old involvement with the criminal justice system and they find out about it (even if at this point it's just an index number is a sealed juvenile file), they may deny you on a character issue, reasoning that you were not truthful and fully forthcoming about that youthful felony, and that you are not deserving of a Nebraska CCW.

Computer systems have been around for sometime now, and the name "Christopher Greenawalt" and his 15 year old arrest is likely somewhere in that system.

Go see a lawyer!  

2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms

Dean Speir

I can answer questions about Handguns, Rifles, Ammunition, the Firearms Industry, the "gunzine game," practical accessories for self-defense (CCW) handguns; rumor control on firearms myths, errata on the "gunshop grapevine."

I am NOT an Attorney, and nothing I provide here should be relied upon as legal advice. Therefore, please do NOT make inquiries about Criminal Justice issues... this is the Second Amendment topic.

Nor do I do "Private Consultations." Want to made it "private," retain an attorney.

25 years practical and competitive hangunning; 26 years in the firearms industry; 15 years writing for the gunzines, including 4 years as Industry Editor for The New Gun Week; maintainer of www.thegunzone.com.

Life Member, NRA

Guns Magazine, Combat Handguns, Petersen's Handguns, American Handgunner, The New Gun Week, Gun & Shooter, American Handgunner, Shooting Industry, American Firearms Industry, Machine Gun News, Practical Shooting International, Law Enforcement Techology, Police Product News, The American Guardian, The Shotgun News, Visier (Germany) and various DBI Books.

BA in English Graduate Lethal Force Institute Graduate Gunsite Graduate Defensive Training Institute