2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms/Temp stay in another state

Question
I will be going to Ohio for four months and want to take my hand gun with me for my protection.  Can I get a permit to keep everything legal in Ohio.  I have a permit from NJ now and will be traveling across the state of PA also.

Answer
Bill... how is this a Second Amendment question?

If you can't read the Topic parameters, how can you be expected to read this response?

Still, I'll give it a try.

Will your handgun be legal in the State of Ohio?

If it is, and you will be traveling directly (that means an uninterrupted trip) from NJ across PA to Ohio, you can take your handgun with you, unloaded and inaccessible from the driver's seat, under the terms of GOPA'86, also known as 'McClure-Volkmer."

Suggest you research it and become familiar with its provisions. Also go to the Ohio state website and look for information there. (In the alternative, this will give you some background but does not have the force of law: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/ohio.pdf.)

G'luck, have a safe trip there and back, and don't do anything stupid while in transit, and you should be all right.

2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms

Dean Speir