2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms/gun permit

Is there any where in the Amendment where one has to get training and pay a fee to get a gut permit?

No, absolutely not!

There probably is an administrative fee imposed by your local authority, but Tennessee is a very enlightened state in respect to citizens in good standing being able to possess firearms, with a permit only required to carry concealed. One of the conditions of issuance of that handgun carry permit is that you must first successfully complete a Handgun Safety Course offered by a handgun safety school that is certified by the Tennessee Department of Safety.

That doesn't seem too rigorous a requirement.

2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms

Dean Speir

I can answer questions about Handguns, Rifles, Ammunition, the Firearms Industry, the "gunzine game," practical accessories for self-defense (CCW) handguns; rumor control on firearms myths, errata on the "gunshop grapevine."

I am NOT an Attorney, and nothing I provide here should be relied upon as legal advice. Therefore, please do NOT make inquiries about Criminal Justice issues... this is the Second Amendment topic.

Nor do I do "Private Consultations." Want to made it "private," retain an attorney.

25 years practical and competitive hangunning; 26 years in the firearms industry; 15 years writing for the gunzines, including 4 years as Industry Editor for The New Gun Week; maintainer of www.thegunzone.com.

Life Member, NRA

Guns Magazine, Combat Handguns, Petersen's Handguns, American Handgunner, The New Gun Week, Gun & Shooter, American Handgunner, Shooting Industry, American Firearms Industry, Machine Gun News, Practical Shooting International, Law Enforcement Techology, Police Product News, The American Guardian, The Shotgun News, Visier (Germany) and various DBI Books.

BA in English Graduate Lethal Force Institute Graduate Gunsite Graduate Defensive Training Institute