3D Graphics/Virtual Reality/four dimensional? photographs

Havasu Falls near the Grand Canyon
Havasu Falls near the  

Havasu Fall
Havasu Fall  

I'm hoping you can identify these types of images. I tend to think it's four dimensional. I've searched the Internet for similar images and there seems to be very little precedent.

this technique works with any type of elemental image

Hello, Scott,

There is nothing surprising about this photo, actually. I can do that in Paint Shop Pro. Not four dimensional. Dimensions have to do with height, width, and depth. We can only perceive three dimensions.

Rather, you have a photo turned four different ways and combined into a TWO dimensional image.

In Paint Shop Pro, I would take the portion of the original image, make a mirror image, tack it onto the left, then make a vertical flipped image of the two together and tack it onto the bottom. Then I would lighten and reduce saturation. As far as I know, there is no generic name for the resulting image.

And by the way, I think the original is prettier. ;)

Searching for images on the internet is difficult at best. You can't search by appearance. You have to have search terms, which means words. Calling it "four dimensional" won't get you anywhere. That's Havasu Falls, so I tried looking at images of Havasu Falls, but none of them had been manipulated like that.

I don't know if that's any help, but it's all I can tell you.

3D Graphics/Virtual Reality

Pat G

I have done extensive work in computer art, including digital landscapes, particularly in Terragen, but also in Bryce and Vue d'Esprit. I also do fractal art, and I use Ultrafractal, Apophysis, and Xenodream. I am familiar with some of the theory behind fractal art. I am familiar with unusual techniques for making abstracts in digital landscape programs, such as Hubism.

I have been making computer art, including fractals and digital landscapes, for approximately the past ten years. I participate in various online communities, particularly in the area of fractals. I have no expertise in virtual reality, or computer generated scenes involving figures, human or otherwise, or objects. My expertise is strictly in abstract art and digital landscapes in Terragen.

I have a bachelor's degree in art from Ohio Dominican University, where I mainly studied ceramics, and I also do glaze calculation and fiber arts, such as creative needlepoint. I studied fractal artistry in Ultrafractal with Janet Parke.