3D Graphics/Virtual Reality/computer art

Question
Pat,
I am wanting to put something on the youtube, as a one time "trailer".  I have a poem that I wanted to post.
I am thinking of putting it on a painting background, in white writing - I would like an effect of a pen writing as the video goes along, then lastly, I wanted to hook up a song in the background.  Does this sound like something do-able

Answer
Hello, Leah,

Yes, people do that all the time. I think they probably use some software, but I have never done it, so I can't tell you which software you need. You need animation software. You would be making successive frames with the writing slightly more complete each time. The software may be expensive; I have never priced it.

I get emails from various doctors and health care advisers who make videos in which this is done. You may have seen one of these. You might want to contact them and ask them what software they are using. I don't know what format these are in, either, since they are being live-streamed, so there is no filename for me to discover. You might also try a Google search on "animation software" and see what you come up with.

People used to animate by hand. You can also do that, but it's more tedious, but cheaper. I have Paint Shop Pro with Animation Shop. I can make individual frames for an animation, and combine them into a .gif sequence. If you want it to be in the format used on YouTube, however, you won't be using .gif. I'm not positive, but I THINK they use .mp4 files. I want to be able to post on YouTube eventually as well, but since I don't have a way of making digital movies at the moment, it's a project for the future.

I don't know how helpful this is, and I realize there aren't many experts in this category, so it's possible there's no one else here who knows more. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck!

3D Graphics/Virtual Reality

Pat G