4 Wheel Drive/SUVs/97 gmc suburban electrical?

Question
Replaced multi function switch for hazards, wipers signals cause short caused brake lights not to work.  Checked everything and everything worked properly. Next day drove it and window rolled down slow and engine started sputtering and stalled. smelled something burning. Battery ok but intermittent ppower.wont start.

I don't know if I did something when replacing multifunction switch I r is there something else that keeps shorting everything out.

Answer
Edward,
Start tracing out all the wiring.  Also check the wiring to the battery, and fuse boxes, including any that may be under the hood.  Sounds like you have a major short, which should not be too hard to find, as the smell is usually from the insulation on the wiring getting hot enough to melt, or burn.
Feel and look around under the dash and see if you see or feel any brittle or blistered wiring.
Carl

4 Wheel Drive/SUVs

Carl Brandt