4 Wheel Drive/SUVs/1994chevy 4wd

Question
Four wheel drive was working fine locked it in one morning light came on put it in gear started to back up light went out front hubs do not lock in shift into four low and fuse is good

Answer
Denise,

1. Locate the transfer case switch on the top of the transfer case, this switch will have two wires going to it. One wire will be Brown, this is Battery Voltage coming from the fuse block, the other wire is Blue and goes to the front actuator.

2. If there is voltage on the Brown wire, but no voltage on the Blue with the transfer case in 4x4, the switch will need to be replaced.

3. If there is voltage on both Brown and Blue, but no voltage on the Blue wire at the front actuator, check the wire between the transfer case switch and the front actuator.  You can do this by checking voltage at the front actuator.  If there is voltage there, then the front actuator would be the suspected faulty part.

It would be a good idea to purchase a repair manual for the Chevy, as they have step by step instructions on trouble shooting issues like this.

Carl

4 Wheel Drive/SUVs

Carl Brandt