4 Wheel Drive/SUVs/Solution/s For Automobile Keys Getting Lost.

Question
Dear Carl

Case Study
----------

A Car Owner drives his vehicle away from his residence for a Holiday to a far place say Hill Station or a religious place or any other tourist spot. He checks in a Hotel and after 1-3 days he checks out from the Hotel but then he notices that his car keys are Lost.

There is a automatic sensor lock for locking the car from front and rear doors.
The Car was locked from outside with the automatic lock Key and the key which allows him to start the car as well as the sensor door lock key has been lost.

What are the solutions for him to drive his automobile by getting Door Lock/UnLock Keys and Car Start Key ?.

1. Do the Owner has to contact the Authorized service center of the Automobile Manufacturer which is nearest to the place he has visited ?.

i.e. Maruti Suzuki Manufacturer - Contact Maruti Authorized service center.

2. Any other Authorized service center of not the Automobile manufacturer can also help in this regard ?.

i.e. Maruti Suzuki Manufacturer - Honda Authorized service center can help ?.

3. Do a Nearest Automobile repair Garage from his place help him in this Regard ?.

4. Do a Duplicate Key maker who makes duplicate keys for House locks help in creating car keys i.e. Car Door Key and Car Start Key for the same ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Prashant,

Depending on the vehicle, some locksmiths can make duplicate keys.  Most of the time, you will need to go to an authorized service center for the particular type of vehicle.  It should not have to be a specific dealer, but they will have to have the equipment to program the key.

Carl

4 Wheel Drive/SUVs

Carl Brandt