4 Wheel Drive/SUVs/1999 ford f150 wipers

Question
QUESTION: 1999 ford f150 windshield wiper won't turn off,  stays on, will switch from low to high speed but no intermittent or off.. when turning off the key the wipers stay in whatever position they are in on the windshield. will come right back on when vehicle is started again...

ANSWER: Jeff,

This could be a couple of things, from a bad wiper switch, bad ground or the motor itself.  I have seen the contacts in the motor short out and do this.

Rather than sending you a detailed troubleshooting explanation, here is a site to go to that explains the possible causes, and repairs for this type of problem.

Carl

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1295456-wipers-wont-turn-off-sometimes.html

QUESTION: the links for the pinpoint tests do not work.... still have no idea how to trouble shoot the problem.

Answer
Jeff,

Without being there, and able to trace out the wiring, I would suggest that you purchase a repair manual for the vehicle.  These are reasonable, and have troubleshooting tips, along with wiring diagrams.
If this doesn't help you, you may have to take it to a reputable auto electric shop.

Carl

4 Wheel Drive/SUVs

Carl Brandt