4 Wheel Drive/SUVs/transfer case

Question
My four wheel drive quit working in high range but it still works in low range.  It is a 99 jeep grand Cherokee with a quadra trak system. it has a 4.7 v8 engine and I believe it is a  247 model transfer case.
Any Ideal's.
BilldmunI

Answer
Bill,

These transfer cases use a clutch pack in the transfer case to kick in front wheel drive when the rear wheels start to spin.  It is common for these clutches to start slipping and go bad.  I just replaced one in my WJ.  I purchased a used one, and replaced it myself.  I believe that rebuild kits, or new clutch packs are a available.

Carl

4 Wheel Drive/SUVs

Carl Brandt