50s Music/lyrics for '50s era song

Question
There was a song in the '50s (maybe late '40s) that had upbeat tempo, with lyrics which sounded like: "do ray (or maybe 'hooray') oh do ray, do you remember me?" (2x). That's all I remember. Appreciate any help.
Mark

Answer
I'm not familiar with a purely popular song with these lyrics. However, there is an old southern gospel song that dates back to at least the '20's named "Do Lord" which contains very similar lyrics. It was contained on a Johnny Cash album in the early '60's. The most recognizable part is the chorus, which comes closest to what you're looking for. I've reproduced the lyrics below. Since it's a fairly well-known song you may be familiar with it, which means, of course, that this is not what you're looking for. If not, please let me know and I'll keep trying.
--Jim

"DO LORD:"

Chorus: Do Lord, O, Do Lord, O do remember me,

Do Lord, O, Do Lord, O do remember me,

Do Lord, O, Do Lord, O do remember me,

Way beyond the blue.

I've got a home in glory land that out-shines the sun.

Way beyond the blue.

took Jesus as my Savior, You take Him too.

I took Jesus as my Savior, You take Him too.

I took Jesus as my Savior, You take Him too, while He's still calling you.

Way beyond the blue.

Way beyond the blue.

Do Lord, O, Do Lord, O do remember me,

Do Lord, O, Do Lord, O do remember me,

Way beyond the blue.

50s Music

Jimmy Drake