50s Music/enquiry

Question
hi. can you name the song from these words.  i love you honest i do but you are as cold as ice. probably late 50s or early 60s. thanks.

Answer
There’s a Foreigner song, “Cold as Ice,” with these catch-phrase lyrics, but since it’s from their self-titled debut Album in 1977, and is fairly common, I expect it’s not what you’re looking for.
The lyrics for that song follow:

“COLD AS ICE”
By Foreigner

You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love

You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price, I know

I've seen it before, it happens all the time
(Oooh-oooh) You're closing the door, you leave the world behind
You're digging for gold, you're throwing away
(Aaah-aaah) A fortune in feelings, but someday you'll pay

You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love

You want paradise
But someday you'll pay the price, I know

I've seen it before, (oooh-oooh) it happens all the time
You're digging for gold, (aaah-aaah) you're throwing away

(Cold as ice) You know that you are
(Cold-cold, As-as ice) As cold as ice to me
(Cold-cold-cold, As-as-as ice)

(Ooh-ooh-ooh) (Cold as, cold as I-I ice) (You're as cold ice) yes
(Cold as ice) You're as cold as ice, cold as ice, I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) Yes I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) You're as cold as ice, cold as ice, I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) Oh yes I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) You're as cold as ice, you're as cold as ice, I know (to fade out)

Then, there’s the wonderful Jimmy Reed blues classic from the late ‘50’s, “Honest I Do.” Unlike the blues today, “Honest I Do’ received a lot of air play, so it may be in your mind. However, it has no reference to “cold as ice,” so, again, I expect it’s not what you’re looking for. The lyrics of “Honest I Do” follow:

“HONEST I DO”
By Jimmy Reed

Don't you know that I love you
Honest I do

I'll never place
No one above you

Please tell me you love me
Stop driving me mad

You the sweetest little woman
That I ever had

Please tell me you love me
Stop driving me mad

When I woke up this morning
Never felt so bad

I’m pretty sure all this doesn’t give you the answer you need, but I’ll keep this inquiry on the back burner and if something comes to mind I’ll pass it along. For now, though, sorry I couldn’t come up with more.

Best regards,
Jimmy  

50s Music

Jimmy Drake