50s Music/A 50's Really Tough Question

Ronda wrote at 2014-06-20 00:41:47
song is by Barry De Vorzon  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIUFr5oN4k

Cheers,

Ronda

50s Music

Jimmy Drake

I see myself as a reasonably well-versed authority on '50's rock and roll, from its beginnings in the early '50's to the British invasion days of the early '60's. One of my strengths is matching songs and artists, as I suspect your site fields many "who sang that song?" questions. Additionally, I am particularly adept at identifying artists who performed obscure songs--one-hit-wonders, if you will.

I have an extensive vinyl collection and literally thousands of '50's .mp3's. I consider myself fortunate to have been around at the birth of this wonderful genre. Having lived through these years gives me a perspective on them, enabling me to put things in historical context. While the term "pop culture" didn't come into popular use until the late '70's-early '80's, my experience and modest expertise afford me the opportunity to explain the interrelation of music to the movies, television and radio programs, and indeed the current events of those times. I have some time to devote to responding to inquiries and look forward to participating.

Bachelor of Business Administration and LL.B from the University of Texas at Austin.