50s Music/Song Title

Between 1959 and 1961 there was a single titled "Judy". I once had he 45. I even remember some of the words. Can't seem to find it anywhere. Would love to find out singer and where I could download it. It was a special song my wife and I loved. Her name is Judy.
"Judy, Judy,
Eyes of emerald lips of ruby.
I wanna take you, with me.
I won't mistake you, not me.
Sweet, sweet Judy.
Gonna be fine when I ma-ake you mine.

I’m afraid I’m coming up empty on your “Judy” request. I can recall two songs from the late ‘50’s-early ‘60’s with the title of “Judy” or a close variant thereof. Neither one of them fits your lyrical description.

The first one was actually titled “Judy, Judy, Judy” and was recorded (not by Cary Grant, but) by Johnny Tillotson on a reissue compilation album, “All His Early Hits--And More.”

The second was simply entitled “Judy” and was sung by Marty Robbins. This one, however, was a straight-up country ballad. It was not written by Robbins; rather, a songwriter named Tiny Stokes penned it and it has also been referred to and recorded as “Jodie.” Marty’s recording is clearly “Judy” and just as clearly is not what you are asking about.

I wish I could be of more help, but other than the above I’m drawing a blank. I’ll keep my eyes open and if I come across a better match I’ll be sure and let you know.

Genuine regrets,
--Jimmy Drake

50s Music

Jimmy Drake

I see myself as a reasonably well-versed authority on '50's rock and roll, from its beginnings in the early '50's to the British invasion days of the early '60's. One of my strengths is matching songs and artists, as I suspect your site fields many "who sang that song?" questions. Additionally, I am particularly adept at identifying artists who performed obscure songs--one-hit-wonders, if you will.

I have an extensive vinyl collection and literally thousands of '50's .mp3's. I consider myself fortunate to have been around at the birth of this wonderful genre. Having lived through these years gives me a perspective on them, enabling me to put things in historical context. While the term "pop culture" didn't come into popular use until the late '70's-early '80's, my experience and modest expertise afford me the opportunity to explain the interrelation of music to the movies, television and radio programs, and indeed the current events of those times. I have some time to devote to responding to inquiries and look forward to participating.

Bachelor of Business Administration and LL.B from the University of Texas at Austin.