50s Music/Song "Walking The Poodle"

I recall a novelty song, probably released in late 1950s, sung by a female artist. Some of the lyrics:
"Walking the poodle, she is walking the poodle
And it is easy to see that she adores him.
They give her the eye but she passes them by
For she only has eyes for her bow-wow-wow"

Any information would be appreciated.

"(Fifi's) Walking The Poodle" was a novelty song done by the Chordettes for Cadence Records, likely in 1954. The Chordettes were a female vocal group most remembered for "Mr. Sandman," although their cover of the Teen Queen's "Eddie My Love" also received air time. They also had a string of minor hits in the mid-to-late-fifties as the country was transitioning from the "Your Hit Parade" pop to rock & roll.
My estimate of 1954 stems from the fact that the group started recording for Cadence Records in late 1953 and the song has Archie Bleyer's fingerprints all over it. (In 1954 Bleyer was married to Janet Ertel, one of the Chordettes.)
You can listen to the song on YouTube at this URL:
Hope this helps.

50s Music

Jimmy Drake

I see myself as a reasonably well-versed authority on '50's rock and roll, from its beginnings in the early '50's to the British invasion days of the early '60's. One of my strengths is matching songs and artists, as I suspect your site fields many "who sang that song?" questions. Additionally, I am particularly adept at identifying artists who performed obscure songs--one-hit-wonders, if you will.

I have an extensive vinyl collection and literally thousands of '50's .mp3's. I consider myself fortunate to have been around at the birth of this wonderful genre. Having lived through these years gives me a perspective on them, enabling me to put things in historical context. While the term "pop culture" didn't come into popular use until the late '70's-early '80's, my experience and modest expertise afford me the opportunity to explain the interrelation of music to the movies, television and radio programs, and indeed the current events of those times. I have some time to devote to responding to inquiries and look forward to participating.

Bachelor of Business Administration and LL.B from the University of Texas at Austin.