50s Music/40's song

Question
Okay, Bruce, since you did so wonderfully with "Gigi" here's a tougher one.  Don't know the title but it might be "I Lost" or "I'm Lost."  Sung by a group in close harmony, possibly a capella.  Slow and mournful melody.  Some lyrics I (hope) I remember are:
"I lost my beautiful rainbows,
They must have drifted in the blue.
I even lost my (heart) dear,
I knew when I lost you."

I recall hearing it on the radio several times in the late 40's.
I'm not a musician but if this is not enough info I can attempt to write out the melody for you.  Many thanks for your help.

Answer
It is tougher. I could not find a song with the lyric as you gave it. But Irving Berlin wrote a song called "When I Lost You" whose lyrics went:

I lost the sunshine and roses, I lost the heavens of blue,
I lost the beautiful rainbow, I lost the morning dew.
I lost the angel who gave me, summerthe whole winter through.
I lost the gladness that turned into sadness,
When I lost you.
And I lost the angel who gave me, summer the whole winter through.
When I lost you.

Could that be it? It seems to be the only thing I found even close to what you gave.

50s Music

Bruce R. Gilson