50s Music/unkown singer

hello  how are you? i am from france, so sorry for my bad english, i want to ask about a song that i can't find, i heard it on the television series crime story 1986, but immposible to get soundtrack , i describe you a song, i think it's a black singer , lyrics are: please forgive me , you know it's true i don't want none none else but you, now the key, key to my heart is in your hands, ohhhhhh night at night i try , tryed to find a little peace to ease my world , use the heartache you left behind with that dirty lon............. , thanks if you can help me. i put a little peace of song on youtube;http://youtu.be/ZqIijkIHaWQ

I'm not really sure about this, but the Crime Story series used many tracks as part of the stories - some of which were younger than the 1963 period of the action.  The music was under control of Al Kooper who arranged for Del Shannon to rewrite some of the word to his million seller 'Runaway' as the theme for the Series.  Kooper also wrote a number of songs for the Series which were not recorded or released in commercial form - many of which he sang himself.  The voice on your clip sounds a little like him - not a black singer but with the timbre of a Soul voice of many of the mid to late 50's R and B artists.  Sorry but I can't find the actual track you refer to, but the above thoughts might be an explanation why! Kooper was best known for his work as part of Blood, Sweat and Tears which is later than my period of work in Radio so my knowledge of him is not as good as some of the other guys on here who work in the 60's section.  perhaps they might be able to help if you mention Kooper!

50s Music

I stopped collecting in the late 90's when the sales of vinyl dropped off and non-music took over the charts!

DJ in 1950's working in UK and Hong Kong. Collected singles from late 40's (US imports on vinyl and UK shellac - until 1990's had over 35000 at one time - sold most to a Lottery winner but stall have 2000 plus 45's mainly. Started as a teenager in UK and was (probably) the first 'disco' type dance DJ tp use 2 turntables so that continuous music for dancing from records was available in 1952. Had a weekly programme in Hong Kong in 57 which ran for 2 years titles 'Pick Of The Pops' which somebody used later in the Uk as a title!! Made many friends in the 50's - particularly Guy Mitchell, Gale Storm and Rosie Clooney. Met many others including Pat Boone, Paul Anka and even an interview with Sinatra which was not good as he was hung-over at 10am from the night before. returned to UK in 1960 and sent interviews from here back to the Far East - early Cliff Richard, Shirley Bassey, and Roy Orbison and - sadly - Del Shannon just before he left us!

Chair of the Twinning Group Organisation between Wakefield and the German town of Herne. I also moderate a section of a Football Forum looking after the Bundesliga thread under the name os SchalkeUK

Retired from teaching in 2009 (all high school subjects at times) but mainly French, German and Maths. Before that I had 9 years in the Royal Air Force - connected with BFBS - 14 years managing a professional Rugby Club, 15 years in Local Government before going back to teach at age 63 to 71. Hate the modern-day use of kids as researchers who rely on incorrect sources withou having been able to experience the original items - many 50's hit re-recorded for Steroe and were very poor compared to the first version but are still passed off as the correct one. I suppose I could - at times - qualify for any series dealing with 'Grumpy Old Men', but as they say c'est la vie!