50s Music/everly brothers

an you recommend a decent compilation album by the Everlys?  Here is a link from Billboard that recommends 20 essential Everly songs.  Can you recommend an album with these tracks?

Amazon has a very good priced set under the "Essential Everly Brothers" heading - it is a 2CD compilation of most - if not all their hits - depending on where you live as well as a DVD of some performances.
I am in touch with the guys in Kentucky prior to the special events for Phil and, like you, obviously am gutted by the news.  I did say to him when we met that the cigarettes would affect his health - it was mainly a joke about his family plans, but how true it became.  Thanks for your question.  Good Luck John.

50s Music

I stopped collecting in the late 90's when the sales of vinyl dropped off and non-music took over the charts!

DJ in 1950's working in UK and Hong Kong. Collected singles from late 40's (US imports on vinyl and UK shellac - until 1990's had over 35000 at one time - sold most to a Lottery winner but stall have 2000 plus 45's mainly. Started as a teenager in UK and was (probably) the first 'disco' type dance DJ tp use 2 turntables so that continuous music for dancing from records was available in 1952. Had a weekly programme in Hong Kong in 57 which ran for 2 years titles 'Pick Of The Pops' which somebody used later in the Uk as a title!! Made many friends in the 50's - particularly Guy Mitchell, Gale Storm and Rosie Clooney. Met many others including Pat Boone, Paul Anka and even an interview with Sinatra which was not good as he was hung-over at 10am from the night before. returned to UK in 1960 and sent interviews from here back to the Far East - early Cliff Richard, Shirley Bassey, and Roy Orbison and - sadly - Del Shannon just before he left us!

Chair of the Twinning Group Organisation between Wakefield and the German town of Herne. I also moderate a section of a Football Forum looking after the Bundesliga thread under the name os SchalkeUK

Retired from teaching in 2009 (all high school subjects at times) but mainly French, German and Maths. Before that I had 9 years in the Royal Air Force - connected with BFBS - 14 years managing a professional Rugby Club, 15 years in Local Government before going back to teach at age 63 to 71. Hate the modern-day use of kids as researchers who rely on incorrect sources withou having been able to experience the original items - many 50's hit re-recorded for Steroe and were very poor compared to the first version but are still passed off as the correct one. I suppose I could - at times - qualify for any series dealing with 'Grumpy Old Men', but as they say c'est la vie!