50s Music/Lyrics

Question
QUESTION: Hello. Do you know the lyrics to the song Tiny Cloud by The Elegants? I can't find them anywhere.

ANSWER: Hi.  The lyric (one song) should be this: (I hope)
Tiny tiny tiny cloud
Drifting above so high
Won't you show me please
Show me my mistake
What did I do
Did I do something to harm her

Above with your silver lining
Oh won't you take us again
Riding, flying. dancing, dining
Bring her back to us and then
Everything once more
Will be the same as before.

Oh cloud please drift on by
pushing her by you're so tough
Oh please am I asking to much
I live in agony - ooh what pain
Make my skies clear up
It always looks like rain.

Tiny tiny tiny cloud
Please don't let me down
my tiny tiny cloud
keep right on drifting around
my heart
Please drop her off in my arms

I have tried to attach the single but no luck - your e-mail to ed89ba@ntlworld.com will get you the original sound.
As you always say over there - have a nice day

Alan

QUESTION: Thanks a ton again for the reply! I know this is going to be specific, but is it "Pushing her by you're so tough" or "Pushing her by your soft tide" in the song? Again, thanks.

Answer
Wow - now you are really getting deep!

The only song I remember with a similar line - and don't please ask for the whole lyric is a 1930's song called 'Oh Peter'  It starts out with 'You're so nice' and goes on to berate him for being 'so tough' and you keep pushing me away, Oh Peter Why?.  Cannot remember a reference to the tide so maybe that's not it.  There is a later song of the same title, but that's a religious song and not the one from the 30's which was a typical Dance Band offering.  I will keep looking and listening and if I can get any more of the lyric I will come back - nil deperandum!

Alan

50s Music

daddyp