70s Music/Instrument, song

Simon and Garfunkel's song, America, has what sounds like a pipe organ at the end. I would like to find out if the pipe organ music is actually a song of its own. If it is, I'd like to find the name of the song so I could find and listen to the entire song. Can you help?

Hi Sue,

My research has found no such mention of the pipe organ section being a separate song.  All sources show "America" was written by Paul Simon and there are no additional writer's credits.  So I have to assume that Simon also wrote the organ piece as well.

70s Music

Erick Bne2 ::)2,22.yrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.