80s Music/OPM

Bong Santos wrote at 2012-01-13 05:07:17
Just a correction:

PRECIOUS AND FEW is not by CLIMAX BLUES BAND but a band called CLIMAX. Consisting of lead singer Sonny Geraci, Marc Gordon, Larry Cox, John Stevenson and Walter Nims. They released their only LP titled CLIMAX WITH SONNY GERACI in 1972 and features PRECIOUS AND FEW which peaked at #3 on the Hot 100 on Feb. 26, 1972. The "Tagalized" version was titled SUPERSTAR recorde by MARIA MAGDALENA with Tagalog lyrics by Hotdog frontman DENNIS GARCIA. BTW, STAY WITH ME was sung by INDIA.  

ringoesq wrote at 2012-04-17 07:31:23
climax's 1972 hit "precious and few" bred a taqalog rendition titled "superstar" by maria consuelo (produced by the garcias of hotdog), also in 1972...

Ojhay wrote at 2013-09-13 13:27:59
The tagalog version of "Precious and Few" (not the TVJ parody) is SUPERSTAR by MARIA CONSUELO. m/

80s Music

Although born in the mid-60's, i learned to love music dating back to the 50's and specifically during the mid-70's and late 80's up to early 90's, where my love for music reached its zenith. Knowledgeable and can answer questions relating to 70s and 80s music...from mainstream to somewhat obscure or less-popular ones. I'm not much into OPM. Used to listen to American Top 40 hosted by Casey Kasem every week.

Mostly by listening to radio and quite a lot of background research on artists. Huge collection of 45's and LPs from mid-70's to 80's. I find music very therapeutic. Watches game shows about music and plays musical trivia stuff. Hangs around in DJ's booth. Buys old and rare music albums. Collects mp3 music of different genres.

Chior member in high school.