80s Music/reality

Question
dear bong, may i ask who is the other artist who sang Reality, theme song of ready for love aside from richard sanderson & vladimir cosma. As far as i remember, the song was sang by duet males. I like that version. Pls help. Thanks. Ronnie

Answer
Dear Ronnie,

REALITY was written by VLADIMIR COSMA (lyrics by JEFF JORDAN, a pseudonym), originally recorded by RICHARD SANDERSON for the 1980 movie LA BOUM (English titles: THE PARTY or READY FOR LOVE). In the movie, versions of SANDERSON (vocals) & COSMA (instrumental) were used in the movie. Between 1980-82, versions by PAUL MAURIAT and FAUSTO PAPETTI were recorded.

In 2008, SENOR COCONUT AND HIS ORCHESTRA and NANCY DANINO versions brought back life to the song. 2009, CLAUDIA GERINI had a version as well as MICHAEL HIRTE in 2010. SANDERSON & COSMA also recorded new versions in 2009 & 2010. Additionally, on DSDS (German AMERICAN Idol), the song has ben sung several times.

Maraming salamat po at Maligayang Pasko!

BONG M. SANTOS
Manila, Philippines  

80s Music

Bong Santos