80s Music/"Doing Homework With You" song

I'm looking for a song that was played on the radio somewhere between 1959 to 1960 that may have been entitled "Doing Homework With You".  During the song, all the Presidents up to that time, including Eisenhower (I think) were named. It was sung by a young lady who according to the song, enjoyed doing homework with her boyfriend.  That's about all I can remember about it.  Thanks for your help!

Hi Larry,

I'm not familiar with this song, but below is some information I picked up in my Internet research. I think the song is called "Learning The Presidents Song" and is included in a kids musical called Sis! Boom! Bah! composed by Ruth Roberts and Bill Katz. The problem is that the Internet also says the musical was published in 1981, which doesn't fit your memory or others on the Internet that also say it's from the 50's.  However, a link to a sample section of the song used to advertise the sheet music and text of the musical appears to follow the lyrics - including the line "doing homework with you" - and the music is in a 50's style.  Here is that link:  So, maybe the song pre-dates the musical published by Roberts and Katz.

Unfortunately, there's not much more information I could locate. Hopefully this helps.

80s Music

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.