80s Music/Late 80's question

Question
Around 1985 in the area of Florida I recall a "song" being a big hit. It was by a male, he did not sing anything, it was all spoken. The content was nothing but affirmations, such as (very paraphrased)... someday you will look back at photos of yourself from today and think you sure were skinny.... you will never be any younger than you are today... that sort of stuff. There was music in the background that was non-specific. It was kind of a big deal at my high school- Any idea who this might have been and the name of the "song"? Thanks for any attempt at figuring this one out!!!

Answer
Dearest Nancy,

It might as well be EVERYBODY'S FREE (To Wear Sunscreen) by BAZ LUHRMANN, lyrics and all. But...that song came from 1999 and not 1985 as you mentioned. So I guess that's not the one you are looking for. I tried to recall songs from that year with spoken lyrics but I only remembered 19 by PAUL HARDCASTLE and it's not it. Please take note that the song could just be an area hit at the time as you said it was in Florida. There was a great possibility that I never came across the song or reached this side of the globe as a hit. I'm sorry I will not be of help at this time. Please be assured that I will post an answer once I figured it out.  

80s Music

Bong Santos