80s Music/late 80's-early 90's song

I know there was a song in the late 80's or early 90's that repeats the words "yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone."  It's almost like it's a refrain but not enough words to actually be classified as such.  I thought that a band called The Connells recorded this but I can't connect it to them through other channels including their website and I actually thought the title was "Yesterday's Gone." The song is relatively simple, short and sweet dealing with love.  Can you help me identify it and the band?  Thanks.

There are so many song lyrics with the words " yesterdays gone" that I wouldnt know where to begin with the limited information that you have provided. Can you please try hard to remember any more information? I would  really like to find your answer but I need a little more from you.
Please advise.

80s Music

William Horton

Almost any question for the decade of the 80's. I admit, my failings in the genre of rap but pretty much anything domestic or dealing with the british invasion is my area. I'am a die hard fanatic when it comes to researching and finding those songs based on almost non-existant lyrics

Life experience is all I have to offer. played in a minor college band as a basist and I simply love the decade of the 80's as it evolved.

I majored in Music at Michigan state University.