80s Music/late 80's-early 90's song

Question
I know there was a song in the late 80's or early 90's that repeats the words "yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone."  It's almost like it's a refrain but not enough words to actually be classified as such.  I thought that a band called The Connells recorded this but I can't connect it to them through other channels including their website and I actually thought the title was "Yesterday's Gone." The song is relatively simple, short and sweet dealing with love.  Can you help me identify it and the band?  Thanks.

Answer
There are so many song lyrics with the words " yesterdays gone" that I wouldnt know where to begin with the limited information that you have provided. Can you please try hard to remember any more information? I would  really like to find your answer but I need a little more from you.
Please advise.
Thanks
William

80s Music

William Horton