80s Music/Long lost song

Question
Like you I am a mega 80's fan (music, tv shows, movies). My friends tease me and say I am stuck in the past, but I don't care. The 80's wwas the decade when a lot of things were at their best. Now, I like 80's europop.  My mother recorded a song (she insists it's europop) on a tape when I was a kid.  I've always loved it, but can NEVER find the artist or title!
It has one guy, and two females singing on it.  I can only remember a few of the lyrics.  I hope you can help me find this song. I have been searching for over 20 years- no joke.  It has to do with not giving up (on love I think)The man sings first, then a female, whose voice is high, then the second female whose voice is a bit lower than the first female, and then they all sing the chorus together, and repeat the process.

Lyrics:
" ...no matter what the people say..
I'm never giving up, up! not giving in, as long as there's the slightest chance i'll make it... the battle may be lost, but i will win the war!   I'll get your lovin' back the way it was before!!
Hope you can help. good luck.
T

Answer
Dear Tami,

First of all, that is why they say 80's music is the best, you can still hear 80's music being played everywhere. Great era!

Tami, your Mom is right, it's Europop! The song was called I'M NEVER GIVING UP by the trio SWEET DREAMS. It was United Kingdom's entry into the 1983 Eurovision Song Contest held on April 23, 1983 in Munich, Germany. It finished sixth behind the Grand Winner, Luxembourg's entry SI LA VIE EST CADEAU (IF LIFE IS A GIFT in English)by Corinne Hermès.

Back to I'M NEVER GIVING UP was written and composed by Ron Roker, Jan Pulsford, and Phil Wigger. SWEET DREAMS onthe other hand were composed of teenagers Carrie Gray, Helen Kray and Bobby McVay. After the Eurovision, the song peaked at No. 21 on the UK Chart but failed to chart in the US. They released another song titled 17 ELECTRIC (LOOK OUT!) then disbanded when the song failed to become a hit. Here's the lyrics to I'M NEVER GIVING UP.

I'M NEVER GIVING UP / SWEET DREAMS

I don't believe in idle gossip
The jealous mind can be unfair
I hear them make their accusations
But baby, come what may
No matter what the people say

I'm never givin' up, not givin' in
If there's the slightest chance that I could win
The battle may be lost, but I can win the war
And get your lovin' back the way it was before

At times it's hard to see the changes
Or read the writing on the wall
We may become the best of strangers
But I'll keep holding on
Until I know my chance has gone

I'm never givin' up, not givin' in
Find more similar lyrics on http://mp3lyrics.com/H7Bv

Never givin' up, I'm never givin' up

I'm never givin' up, not givin' in
And get your lovin' back the way it was

I'm never givin' up, not givin' in

Never givin' up, I'm never givin' up
(I'm allowed to... all I want to... need your lovin')
I'm never never givin'... never never givin'... never givin' up

Maraming salamat po!! Mabuhay ang 80's music!!

BONG M. SANTOS
Bulacan, Philippines
www.facebook.com/bong.santos.11
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @BongSantos11

80s Music

Bong Santos