80s Music/name of an old song

Question
Song from late 70's or early 80's.   It starts out with a guy talking under water saying he is at the bottom of the pool.  Then the lively music starts and I know one of the words included Rio de Janeiro.

Answer
Hi Ann,

The song you're looking for is "I Go To Rio" by Pablo Cruise, which reached #46 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1979.  The song was originally written by and released by Peter Allen in 1976, where it went to #1 in Australia.  Pablo Cruise's cover, with the clever intro, made it popular in the US. You can listen to and download the song (mp3) from here: http://www.mp3hamster.net/muz/pablo%20cruise (Choose the 4:43 version)

Thanks,
Erick

80s Music

Erick Byrd