80s Music/name of an old song

Song from late 70's or early 80's.   It starts out with a guy talking under water saying he is at the bottom of the pool.  Then the lively music starts and I know one of the words included Rio de Janeiro.

Hi Ann,

The song you're looking for is "I Go To Rio" by Pablo Cruise, which reached #46 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1979.  The song was originally written by and released by Peter Allen in 1976, where it went to #1 in Australia.  Pablo Cruise's cover, with the clever intro, made it popular in the US. You can listen to and download the song (mp3) from here: http://www.mp3hamster.net/muz/pablo%20cruise (Choose the 4:43 version)

80s Music

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.