80s Music/From a distance

I was on temporary duty in the PI either 90 or 91. Anyways, when the song "From a distance" came out there was a Filipino female artist that redid the song both in English and in Tagalog. I loved the Tagalog version and would like to know who she was and where I could get a copy of that version. Lovely.

Hi Edwin,

No luck at this time. I know FROM A DISTANCE had been remade a lot of times but I vaguely can recall the one that had been adapted in Tagalog. At the back of my mind, I'm pretty sure there was one as you testified but can't ID it. I need more time. At the meantime, I suggest you ask also one of my colleague from the Philippines, he may have a ready answer. I feel bad I can't be of help at this time but let me assure you once I figured it out, I'm gonna let you know.  

80s Music

Bong Santos

I can answer just about everything from the 80`s, rock, pop, trivias, artist infos, Billboard chart positions, albums, etc. But songs that became hit in the Philippines and OPM songs are my expertise. I grew on 80`s music and still listening to 80`s music as it is the best era in music history for me. My friends call me the walking encyclopedia of 80`s music. I got books & collections of CDs and vinyl records, all from the 80`s.

Let's just say music is my life and my source is a lifetime of knowledge about 80's music and then some.

Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications Major in Broadcast