80s Music/looking for song

Question
Hi
I found this song on old tape belong to my Parents. It might be recorded in 80's.
I recognized some lyrics but I can't guarantie accuracy.
1 verse:
"Always used to walk alone
... never was my home
Every step seemed to be the same
Nothing to gain.
Then he came into my life
Now my days are ... and ..."

That's all I recognized from the verse.

Chorus:
"Morning songer (?) will sing your song away
Let ... You to live every comming day.
Sing Your song... ... ...
Sing Your song from the skies ... ..."

Where I put ... are words I didn't recognize.
I'm looking for this song many years, I'll be gratefull
for any help.

Kind regards
Lucas

Answer
Hi Lucas,

The name of the song is "Morning Songbird" by A La Carte.  A La Carte is a German disco trio who released this song as the b-side to their 1981 single called "River Blue".  As far as I can tell (from German to English translated webpages), "River Blue" only reached #47 on the German pop chart.  In fact, none of their singles from 1979 to 1984 ever reached higher than #22 on their homeland chart. "Morning Songbird" also appeared on the 1981 album Viva A la Carte, released in Europe on the Coconut record label.  Here is a link to a YouTube recording of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VhnpHo4xzs

Thanks,
Erick  

80s Music

Erick Byrd