80s Music/Todd Rundgren

Question
I recorded an album from the radio back in the mid-70's by Todd Rundgren.  One of the songs which I'd like to know the name of has lyrics like this:  "Oceans green and cosmic blue, hair of golden sunshine rays, love is golden too.  All across the universe she is last and she is first.  Hallelujah keep the faith good god is in her heart. She is my golden sun goddess, she is so California, etc."  

The first song starts out "It hurts to find some people (can't understand the next few words)...."

Then comes the song I'm inquiring about.  I'd also like to know which album it comes from.

Next song starts out "You always have the nicest things to say", then "Don't you ever learn".  Hope this gives you enough information!

Thanks!

Answer
Hi Patti,

The main song that you're inquiring about ("Oceans green and cosmic blue...") is called "Golden Sun Goddess" and was written and released by Jesse Ed Davis on his debut solo album in 1971, called Jesse Davis. Davis was most famous as a session guitarist and guested on many well known musician's albums in the 70's, most notably on albums by ex-Beatles John Lennon, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. He also plays the guitar solo on Jackson Brown's "Doctor My Eyes".

As far as I can tell, no one else recorded "Golden Sun Goddess" and I can't find any link to Todd Rundgren.  Maybe not all the songs you recorded were from the same album - although I do recognize "Don't You Ever Learn" as a Rundgren track.  Here is a link to a YouTube recording of Jesse Ed Davis' "Golden Sun Goddess": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oNfyMuLlLU

Thanks,
Erick  

80s Music

Erick Byrd