80s Music/80s song

Question
greetings mr Byrd! I've been googling these lyrics to a song I remember hearing around 1983: "silly boy, you should know better...(refrain): leave her alone boy, stop it before it starts. leave her alone boy, you better watch your heart. leave her alone boy, leave the pretty girl alone." sounds like it's by a late 70s-early 80s aor band along the likes of player, le roux, all star band,etc...thank you.

Answer
Hi Ringo,

I have found the song you're looking for.  It's "Pretty Girl" by The Atlanta Rhythm Section, from the 1981 album Quinella.  Here is a link to a YouTube recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgQY5Ue95RM

Thanks for allowing me to research this for you. I'm a fan of Atlanta Rhythm Section, but I didn't know this song previously. Now I do and I'm a fan of the song.

Thanks,
Erick  

80s Music

Erick Byrd