80s Music/name of a song

Question
QUESTION: The lyrics are.."You know our love was meant to be..to last forever..til the end of time."1980's I think. It was played a little on an episode of The Goldburgs about a month ago. The first show of this season a tribute to music in 1980's. Appreciate your time.

ANSWER: Hi Fran,

The song you're looking for is "You're The Inspiration" by Chicago. The song reached #3 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1984 and can be found on Chicago's 17 or most any compilation that includes the later hits (80's and on) of the band.  Here is a link to a YouTube recording of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrJSKvX0AcI

Thanks,
Erick

BTW: I love the Goldberg's - great show!

QUESTION: Thank you for speedy and correct response.. on the same Goldberg episode.." You are  My Everything"?? Is that the name of the song? I think it is but it doesn't come up on 'music lab'.Again... Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi Fran,

I had to re-watch that show to find your answer - but I'm not complaining because I love The Golbergs.  Anyway, the song title was mentioned at the end of the show, but I believe what you hear during this clip is actually part of the closing music from the show, not the song itself. The song Adam introduces in his mixtape is "You Are The Everything" by REM. The song is from REM's 1988 album Green.  Here is a link to a YouTube recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e-LF21yFWM

Thanks,
Erick  

80s Music

Erick Byrd