80s Music/Looking for the title of this song...

Hello Mr. Erick Byrd,

Once, my elder sister copied mp3 songs from a classmate of hers which she labeled as "songs composed by David Foster". There's one which sounds like a country ballad with lyrics "Even though you might not care for me, I will love you all my life". I lost hope over searching it in google. Found this website after looking for lyrics for "Pretty Girl" by Atlanta Rhythm Section (I was also curious of who sang it that's why). Thank God I found you. You may answer anytime. My patience is very, very long : )
God bless you!

Hi Frances,

This is a long shot, but I will attempt to answer your question. I'm a fan of David Foster's work - songwriting, producing, and his own recordings.  

I'm not familiar with this lyric, but my online research found a connection with the lyrics you provided and a song by Foster & Allen called "I Will Love You All My Life".  The "Foster" is not David, but Mick Foster.  Foster and Allen are an Irish country/easy listening singing duo.  "I Will Love You All My Life" reached #49 on the UK chart and #17 on Ireland's chart in 1983. The song was written by Charlie Landsborough.  

So, it's not a David Foster song, but this may be one that you have. Here is a link to a YouTube recording of the song:

80s Music

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.