80s Music/Unknown song

Question
Hi Erick,
  I am trying to track down the title and the artist
of a song that has these lyrics.

(V1)
Hey Mister Business Man
I've got the feeling we've met before
I know it wasn't here in your new career
On the executive floor.

(V2)
Hey Mister Business Man
The clothes you're wearing are different now
From your worn-out jeans and your gypsy beads
You've lost it all somehow.

(Refrain)
What happened to the friends we knew in San Francisco
They had flowers in their hair there was music everywhere back in '69.
Like you and me they long to be in San Francisco
We were walking in the sun had peace with everyone back in '69.

A few people have suggested that it could be Albert Hammond,
so that might be place to start. I would be grateful for any help
you can give me on this one.

Many thanks,
Edward.

Answer
Hi Edward,

I apologize for taking so long to answer as this research took longer than I expected. The song you're looking for is called "San Francisco '69" and was recorded by a German group called Love Generation in 1976.  It was released as a single and also appeared on an album titled Our Kind Of Music. Here is a link to a YouTube recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8apg3Gix-M

Thanks,
Erick

80s Music

Erick Byrd