90s Music/90's song by woman

Hello Erik,

There was  a song from around 1999-2001 or so sung by a woman popular on the airwaves that had the lyrics "want to love you if you don't love me"... "want to need you if you don't need me too". Any ideas? I haven't received an answer from Casey who I asked earlier. If there is a number to call you I may sing it and the beat for the other lyrics I don't know. I'm almost certain you're going to know it if I may speak with you or tell someone. I really want to hear that song again and write down the title and artist. I heard it most likely between 99 and 01 yet may have been first made prior to that.  Thank you

Hi Craig,

The song you're looking for is "Gotta Tell You" by Samantha Mumba.  It was her debut single released in 2000. It reached #4 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.  Here is a link to the music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMV1iQ-Xsc

90s Music

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.