90s Music/identifying song year

Question
hi I have a local HD radio subchannel here that plays music from the 60s 70s and 80s everything is familiar Elton.John,Billy Joel Michael Jackson Bee Gees ect. however lately they have been throwing in this odd song that doesn,t really fit in it is by a band called Distant Cousins and the title is She Ain,t Loving You No More I tried googling the band and found a few other songs by them but not this one so it seems to me it wasn,t a sucess or at least not in the US anything you can find out about it?I mean its not one of those lost hits that you may hear on a countdown from a certain date and year it is played at least twice a week at night.

Answer
Hi Peter,

You are correct that this isn't a "hit" by the usual retro-radio standards.  My research found that "She Ain't Lovin' You" by The Distant Cousins only reached #102 on the US chart in August 1966.  Songs such as this that didn't quite make the Billboard Hot 100 were called "bubbling under" and were sometimes only regional hits that didn't get the airplay or support in other parts of the country.  In this case, a YouTube entry references this as a #5 hit on Cleveland radio station WKYC. And comments on other YouTube links reference this song as locally charting in Minneapolis, Boston, and Detroit. So, it's possible that your local station programmer remembered this song and particularly liked it enough to share on the weekly rotation.

Here is a link to a YouTube recording of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH-VJEIXnck

Thanks,
Erick  

90s Music

Erick Byrd