AC/DC/Writing songs

Just Me
Just Me  
Hi Bill: I was wondering if ACDC ever reads fans songs written specifically in mind for them to sing. I have written lyrics to about 8 songs and wanted to ask if they ever have done this. One in particular is for a friend of mine who battled cancer and is called "Skin the Beast"..would be awesome if they took a look...and be a dream come true for me..thanks for looking at my question.
Thanks, Donna

Hi Donna,

Thank you for your question. I do not believe that AC/DC have a specific outlet where songwriters can show them their work, however. Considering the vast amount of fan-mail and large variety of other inquiries that can get presented to the band (normally through the avenue of their management), it would be an enormous task to triage the large number of contacts the band would receive.

Best Regards, Bill

Bill V.

I am an AC/DC history, discography and collectibles expert, and can answer any question about the band, it's members past and present, as well as questions related to bands that members were in previous to being in AC/DC. I am well versed in the bands history, album and single releases (vinyl, CD), and worldwide discography and collectibles/memorabilia, past and present AC/DC news, album sales, tour dates and tour history, and anything else about the band. I am also an AC/DC (Especially Bon Scott) autograph expert.

I have been a fan and collector of AC/DC for 30+ years and have written published articles about the band for Goldmine magazine, as well as several publications. I have interviewed past members of the band, and attended the bands Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction as a press guest. I possess one of the world's largest AC/DC collections, and plan to have my own publication about the band in the future. I was hired in 2008 by a marketing firm to help promote and market AC/DC's "BLACK ICE" release and the AC/DC "Rock Band" game in New York City. I also have participated in several other marketing and promotional campaigns for AC/DC. Most recently, I have contributed to a new book by Phil Sutcliffe "AC/DC: The Ultimate Illustrated History" as well as penning an AC/DC Collectibles article for Record Collector magazine (UK).

I run the AC/DC fan & collector's site "Highway to Hell" and am the webmaster and designer. I am the official Sony/Columbia records AC/DC forum moderator for their record companies website, and content manager for

GOLDMINE (Krause Publications)(USA) Daily Dirt (Germany) Record Collector (UK) Contributed to "AC/DC: The Ultimate Illustrated History", by Phil Sutcliffe (Voyageur Press, Oct. 15, 2010, Hardcover, 224 pages, 300+ illustrations) Treasures of AC/DC -by Jerry Ewing (Illustrations and information)

AC/DC Expert Digital content manager and AC/DC historian for official AC/DC website

I have interviewed: Mark Evans (AC/DC Bassist 1975-77), Simon Wright (AC/DC Drummer 1983-1989), Dave Evans (AC/DC singer 1974), Noel Taylor (AC/DC Drummer 1974), Neil Smith (AC/DC Bassist 1974), Larry Van Kreidt (AC/DC bassist 1973-4), John Bissett (Fraternity (w/Bon Scott) keyboardist), Vincent Lovegrove (Valentines (w/Bon Scott) singer & former AC/DC manager), Bob Defrin (AC/DC Logo designer & album cover designer for Atlantic records), Mike Fraser (AC/DC Mixing engineer), Joshua Levy (AC/DC Black Ice album cover designer) and many others