AC/DC/1st pressings (1975-1979)

Dear Bill,

Could you please provide a guide on how to identify original 1st pressings vinyl records both Atlantic (UK) and Albert production (Australian) of the records with Bon Scott (1975-1979).

Best regards

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your question. The following is a listing of all of the original AC/DC Australian and UK vinyl first pressings with their identifying qualities:

High Voltage -Australia -(Aus only pic sleeve) Albert APLP.009 (record label blue with kangoroo.)

T.N.T. - Australia - (Aus only pic sleeve) Albert APLPA.016 (record label blue with kangoroo.)

Dirty Deeds - Australia - (Aus only gatefold pic sleeve) Albert APLP.020 (record label blue with kangoroo), The original would have also included a merchandise order form for the AC/DC Song Book.

Let There Be Rock - Australia- (Aus only gatefold pic sleeve) Albert APLP.022 (record label blue.)

Powerage -Australia - Albert APLP.030 (record label blue)

If You Want Blood -Australia -Albert APLP.034 (record label blue, the picture sleeve would have a matted (not glossy) cover and red lettering)

Highway To Hell -Australia -(Aus only flames pic sleeve) Albert APLP.040 (record label black)

High Voltage UK- Cartoon Picture Sleeve Atlantic K50257 (record label dark green/orange).

Dirty Deeds UK- Atlantic K50323 (Sleeve printed by 'Gothic Press'.) (*note: "Made In UK" is printed on the record label of the reissue. The original version here would not have that.)

Let There Be Rock UK - Atlantic K50366  (sleeve printed by 'Shorewood packaging'.)

Powerage UK- Atlantic K50483 (Does not include "Rock 'N Roll Damnation") (Record label Dark green/orange.) "33 1/3" printed on the label.

If You Want Blood UK- Atlantic K50532 (record label- Orange/green label) (*note: "Made In UK" is printed on the record label of the reissue. The original version here would not have that.) The original release would also have included an AC/DC Merchandise sheet. The picture sleeve would have orange toned lettering.

Highway To Hell UK- Atlantic K50628 (record label- Green/orange), "Manufactured in the UK" printed on back sleeve of the album cover.

Best Regards, Bill

Bill V.

I am an AC/DC history, discography and collectibles expert, and can answer any question about the band, it's members past and present, as well as questions related to bands that members were in previous to being in AC/DC. I am well versed in the bands history, album and single releases (vinyl, CD), and worldwide discography and collectibles/memorabilia, past and present AC/DC news, album sales, tour dates and tour history, and anything else about the band. I am also an AC/DC (Especially Bon Scott) autograph expert.

I have been a fan and collector of AC/DC for 30+ years and have written published articles about the band for Goldmine magazine, as well as several publications. I have interviewed past members of the band, and attended the bands Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction as a press guest. I possess one of the world's largest AC/DC collections, and plan to have my own publication about the band in the future. I was hired in 2008 by a marketing firm to help promote and market AC/DC's "BLACK ICE" release and the AC/DC "Rock Band" game in New York City. I also have participated in several other marketing and promotional campaigns for AC/DC. Most recently, I have contributed to a new book by Phil Sutcliffe "AC/DC: The Ultimate Illustrated History" as well as penning an AC/DC Collectibles article for Record Collector magazine (UK).

I run the AC/DC fan & collector's site "Highway to Hell" and am the webmaster and designer. I am the official Sony/Columbia records AC/DC forum moderator for their record companies website, and content manager for

GOLDMINE (Krause Publications)(USA) Daily Dirt (Germany) Record Collector (UK) Contributed to "AC/DC: The Ultimate Illustrated History", by Phil Sutcliffe (Voyageur Press, Oct. 15, 2010, Hardcover, 224 pages, 300+ illustrations) Treasures of AC/DC -by Jerry Ewing (Illustrations and information)

AC/DC Expert Digital content manager and AC/DC historian for official AC/DC website

I have interviewed: Mark Evans (AC/DC Bassist 1975-77), Simon Wright (AC/DC Drummer 1983-1989), Dave Evans (AC/DC singer 1974), Noel Taylor (AC/DC Drummer 1974), Neil Smith (AC/DC Bassist 1974), Larry Van Kreidt (AC/DC bassist 1973-4), John Bissett (Fraternity (w/Bon Scott) keyboardist), Vincent Lovegrove (Valentines (w/Bon Scott) singer & former AC/DC manager), Bob Defrin (AC/DC Logo designer & album cover designer for Atlantic records), Mike Fraser (AC/DC Mixing engineer), Joshua Levy (AC/DC Black Ice album cover designer) and many others